Management Philosophy and Management Policies
We are a pioneer in creating safe working environments for workers.
Riken Keiki endeavors for its operations to be in full Legal Compliance, to strive for Preservation of the Environment, and to maintain our role of high Social Responsibility as a good corporate citizen.
- Manage our Research and Development in an efficient manner, to create useful and needed products which will be suitably profitable, to assure excellent and sustainable company growth.
- Contribute to society by producing high quality products and enhanced services to assist our customers in creating safe working environments.
- Reward stockholders by operating in a profitable manner to continually increase our corporate value.
- Develop mutually beneficial bilateral cooperative relations with vendors by providing stable business transactions.
- Create a rewarding working environment, to provide challenge and satisfaction for all employees, and also provides adequate compensation for their work efforts to assist in providing comfort and stability to their personal lives.
Code of Conduct and Guidelines for Action
We, all executives and employees of the RIKEN KEIKI Group, conduct ourselves in accordance with the Code of Conduct and the Guidelines for Action with the aim of ensuring compliance and creating an organization that is open, “bright, energetic, and cheerful.”
The Code of Conduct clearly states the RIKEN KEIKI Group’s “responsibility to our customers, stockholders, vendors, employees, and society” as the basic policy for each and every one of our actions. These Guidelines for Action list the intent of the Code of Conduct as a set of specific standards of actions (required actions and prohibited actions). Our daily actions must be exactly in line with the Guidelines for Action.
The Code of Conduct and the Guidelines for Action are the common values and ethics that enable us to act honestly and appropriately on a daily basis and are the cornerstone of our actions.
◆Code of Conduct
- We deal fairly with our customers and act from their perspective.
- We faithfully provide useful and true information to our customers.
- We provide our customers with high-quality products and services based on superior technology.
- We proactively provide stockholders with timely and appropriate information.
- We always keep in mind the interests of stockholders and fulfill our duties with integrity and a high sense of ethics and responsibility.
- We aim to be an attractive company by pursuing long-term and continuous growth in corporate value.
- We establish equal and fair business relationships with vendors and conduct our business with integrity.
- We procure the best and most appropriate resources through fair and transparent transactions.
- We respect each other’s character and values and aim to create a healthy working environment.
- We act with awareness as members of society and aim to be professionals in our work as business people.
- We handle company property, whether tangible or intangible, in a timely and appropriate manner.
- We do not unreasonably use or infringe upon the rights or property of others, and respect them to the utmost.
- We comply with laws and regulations, and endeavor to maintain and establish healthy and normal relationships with society so as not to arouse suspicion or distrust.
- We endeavor to gain society’s understanding of our business activities by addressing environmental issues with sincerity.
- We aim to achieve a sustainable and better society by developing together through interaction with society.
◆Guidelines for Action
- Sincere Response to Our Customers
Listen to the voices of our customers with sincerity and use them in our future business operations.
- Labeling and Description of Products, etc.
Provide our customers with correct information on products, etc. to ensure safety and satisfaction.
- Compliance with Quality Control Standards
Manufacture and provide the best products to our customers with an ISO-compliant quality control system.
- Fair Market Transactions
Through fair market competition, provide our products, etc. under appropriate conditions and conduct our activities in compliance with the purpose of the Act on Prohibition of Private Monopolization and Maintenance of Fair Trade. In addition, strictly control exports to prevent the export of arms, weapons, and related technologies that pose a threat to international peace and security, as well as the diversion of such arms and weapons to other uses.
- Fair and Impartial Selection of Suppliers
In selecting suppliers, provide fair opportunities for those who wish to do business with us and make fair selections. In addition, do not use raw materials that have been exploited or extracted through illegal or inhumane acts, such as conflict minerals, or parts or components that contain such materials.
- Moderate Entertainment and Gifts - Recipients
Do not accept entertainment or gifts beyond moderation.
- Moderate Entertainment and Gifts - Givers
Do not provide entertainment or gifts beyond moderation.
- Modest Relationship with Public Officials
Do not provide any prohibited entertainment or gifts to public officials, etc.
- Cutting Off Ties with Antisocial Forces
Take a firm stand against antisocial forces and groups that threaten the order and safety of civil society and cut off all relations with them. In addition, do not engage in any conduct that encourages such activities.
- Appropriate Public Relations Activities
Through appropriate public relations activities, endeavor to obtain a correct evaluation and understanding of the company.
- Timely and Appropriate Disclosure of Information
Endeavor to disclose information on the company’s management situation and overall corporate activities to stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Prohibition of Insider Trading
Do not engage in insider trading or any stock transactions that could be suspected of being insider trading.
- Appropriate Document and Information Management
Recognize the importance of document and information management and endeavor to manage them appropriately.
- Protection of Company Property
Treat company property, whether tangible or intangible, with care and do not engage in any conduct that may harm it.
- Confidentiality Obligation
Strictly manage information, etc. that must be kept confidential and never divulge it to any third party without a justifiable reason.
- Protection and Respect of Intellectual Property Rights
With respect to intellectual property rights, endeavor to protect our own rights and take the utmost care not to infringe upon the rights of third parties.
- Restrictions on Competing Transactions and Business
Do not engage in any business in which we have a direct or indirect interest with the business of the company without approval.
- Responsible Execution of Business Based on Appropriate Authority
Endeavor to execute our business responsibly and efficiently in accordance with laws and regulations, the Articles of Incorporation, and internal rules.
- Fair and Transparent Decision-Making
Make decisions in accordance with the decision-making standards, other internal rules, laws and regulations, and based on appropriate materials.
- Appropriate Accounting Procedures and Internal Checks and Balances
Endeavor to conduct proper accounting procedures and establish effective internal checks and balances in accordance with laws and regulations, the Articles of Incorporation, and internal rules.
- Distinction between Public and Private Matters
Clarify the position in the company and the position as a private individual and do not bring private interests into the workplace. In addition, do not bring the position in the company outside the workplace.
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Workplace
Comply with internal rules pertaining to a healthy and safe working environment and create an open and comfortable workplace.
- Respect for Human Rights
Do not engage in unreasonable discrimination based on gender, age, place of origin, nationality, race, ethnicity, ideology, creed, religion, disease, disability, etc., respect basic human rights, endeavor to maintain a workplace free of discrimination and harassment, and do not engage in child labor, forced labor, or any other act that assists, encourages, or promotes the same. In addition, work together with all of our business partners in all aspects of our business, including production and sales, to promote “Respect for Human Rights” initiatives, aiming for mutual sustainable growth and contribution to a sustainable society.
- Privacy Protection
Respect the privacy of each individual and do not unreasonably infringe upon it.
- Prohibition of Harassment
Do not engage in any form of harassment in order to realize a healthy working environment.
- Environmentally Friendly Business Activities
Comply with environmental laws and regulations and internal rules and actively implement environmentally friendly practices in all of our business activities.
- Environmental Issues and Individual Activities
Take environmental issues seriously and actively address them as individuals.
- Social Contribution
Endeavor to realize a better society as a good corporate citizen. Every one of us endeavors to contribute to society.
- Internal Whistleblowing
In the event of a violation of laws and regulations, etc., or internal rules, or the possibility thereof, report or provide information in accordance with the Compliance Hotline System. Promptly investigate the matters reported or for which information was provided, confirm the facts, and resolve them with the best possible measures. Do not give disadvantageous treatment to a person for reporting violations, etc. or providing information for legitimate purposes.