Personal Information Protection Policies
RIKEN KEIKI Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "RIKEN KEIKI") recognizes that protecting and properly handling personal information is a significant social responsibility. RIKEN KEIKI will establish the Personal Information Protection Policy (hereinafter referred to as the "Policy") as follows with regard to the handling of information (including, but not limited to, personal information) that RIKEN KEIKI acquires from customers and strive to protect personal information in an appropriate manner.
- RIKEN KEIKI collects, use and provide personal information within the scope of our business purposes.
- RIKEN KEIKI will take appropriate and reasonable safety measures and preventive measures against risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
- RIKEN KEIKI will comply with the laws, regulations, guidelines, and other standards related to personal information that are stipulated by the national government.
- RIKEN KEIKI will establish and continuously review and improve our internal systems for the protection of personal information.
April 1st 2021
RIKEN KEIKI Co., Ltd.
Junichi Koyano, President
Handling of personal information
1. Collection of Personal Information
RIKEN KEIKI collects personal information on our customers in a variety of ways.
This includes the following methods:
- 1) Personal information provided by customers
You may provide us with personal information, including your name, by filling in a form on our Web site or contacting us by mail, telephone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes personal information provided when you make inquiries or applications for our products or services, apply for delivery of our services or marketing information, or send feedback to us.
- 2) Personal information we collect
In interacting on our Web site, RIKEN KEIKI may automatically collect technical information about the equipment, access status and patterns that you use.
RIKEN KEIKI uses similar techniques such as Cookie, server logs, and so on to collect this personal data.
For more information, see Cookie Policies.
2. Purpose of Use and Scope of Personal Information
The personal information obtained by us shall be used only for the following purposes and within the scope of your direct consent.
- 1) To guide, sell, and provide products and services to customers
- 2) Information on exhibitions and other events
- 3) In order to request a variety of questionnaires from customers
- 4) For answering various inquiries
- 5) Other general customer management
- 6) For the purpose of placing orders with suppliers and communicating with them
- 7) For settlement with business partners
- 8) General management of other suppliers
- 9) For reporting to government agencies and other industrial organizations
- 10) Communication and delivery of materials to shareholders
- 11) RIKEN KEIKI will notify you or publish the purpose of our employees' information for recruitment and selection of applicants.
3. Joint Use of Personal Information
Personal information obtained by us, such as personal name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc., may be used jointly with our group companies for the purpose of use described in Items 1 through 9 of Paragraph 2.
In addition, RIKEN KEIKI shall take appropriate measures such as concluding contracts to ensure that the information is used appropriately by the joint users.
In addition, RIKEN KEIKI shall be responsible for the management of personal information that RIKEN KEIKI shares.
4. Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
RIKEN KEIKI will not disclose or provide personal information to any third party except under any of the following conditions.
- 1) In whole or in part the handling of personal information to the extent necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Utilization set forth in paragraph 2 In the event of consignment to our designated contractors, distributors, our group companies, sales partners, etc.
- 2) With your consent
- 3) When required by law to disclose or provide
- 4) When it is necessary for the protection of life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- 5) Cases in which it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person in question
- 6) Cases in which cooperation is necessary for the State or local public entities, etc. to conduct public affairs and in which obtaining the consent of the person in question is likely to impede the execution of such affairs
- 7) Where disclosure is made to the successor in question in the event of business succession due to merger, company split, transfer of business or for any other reason
5. Disclosure, revision, and deletion of personal information owned by us
RIKEN KEIKI will respond to your request for disclosure, correction, or deletion of personal information within a reasonable time after confirming that the person who submitted the request is the identity of the person.
If you would like to receive the above request, please contact us by e-mail at the following.
Azusawa, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 2-7-6
RIKEN KEIKI Co., Ltd.
6. Changes to this policy
RIKEN KEIKI reserves the right to change this policy. In this case, RIKEN KEIKI will post the revised policy on our website, but the revised personal information protection policy shall apply from the time of such publication. Therefore, RIKEN KEIKI asks you to check the latest contents carefully.